We use online software called Kalo to manage payments for all of our writers. Before your first piece is published to Massive, you’ll be invited to Kalo by one of our editors (if you haven't received an invitation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org). If you continue writing for Massive after completing our training, you’ll be able to use Kalo to get paid for the pieces we publish! Kalo helps us to maintain an organized record of all our required documentation we’ve received from you and all the payments we’ve made to you.
Creating an account
Before your first piece is published to Massive, you’ll receive an email invitation to join Kalo from a Massive editor. After accepting the invitation, you’ll be asked to answer some questions to help fill out your author profile on Massive and to fill out our Contributor Agreement. Finally, you’ll be asked to add some banking information (which is stored securely by Kalo and never directly accessed by us), so that you can be compensated for any pieces you publish with us after you’ve completed our training course and receive certification.
If you expect to have received an invitation but haven’t, or if you lost or deleted the email, please let us know at email@example.com! We’ll resend it.
If you continue writing for Massive after becoming certified, you’ll be able to invoice us for compensation for the pieces we publish. To do this, first sign into your Kalo account. Then, create a new invoice. You’ll be notified when we approve it.
- Go to the “Invoice and Expense” tab in the left navigation menu.
- Create a new invoice by clicking the purple [+] button in the top right of this screen.
- Give your new invoice a task with a descriptive name, like the title of the article you authored.
- Pick the most relevant project for your task. In most cases, it will be Massive Articles 2019.
- Add the amount you earned for the article. You can refer to our pricing table for the amount you can earn per article, which will increase as you publish more often with us.
Payments happen on a weekly schedule, meaning we pay all of our outstanding, approved invoices every Friday. If you’ve provided your banking information, the money should be automatically deposited to your bank account.
If you run into a problem with payments, please contact Nadja Oertelt.