What We Offer
We provide a variety of services that apply the expertise of our scientific community to create cutting-edge media products that are trustworthy, authoritative, and entertaining. Our partners introduce our scientists to new skills and networks. Our scientists create media that helps our partners connect with the science-curious audience we've built. It's a win-win!
Individual memberships are available through our website, while discounted organizational memberships for universities, non-profits, and corporations are available by contacting us.
Our premium members are the core of our audience and we're providing them with the best science stories they'll find anywhere. Benefits of a premium membership include:
- Supporting Massive's team, community, and mission, ensuring that we can continue publishing well into the future
- Exclusive, members-only content and events, including unlimited access to our Science Reports and virtual live events
- Access to our community to discuss cutting-edge science with other members and scientists
Training and Certification
For individuals, we offer online courses and certification after you've published twice with us through membership in our Consortium. For groups and organizations, we offer in-person training and online training – contact us for more details.
Massive provides training for impact-oriented science communication; our certification is quickly becoming known as a mark of sci-comm excellence. We’ve already transformed the lives and careers of our community members: because of Massive they have signed book deals, become public scicomm figures, received job offers, published editorials and academic papers in leading journals, and learned advanced communication skills.
We offer all kinds of scientists, from graduate students to career researchers, training. We teach:
- The Massive Method of narrative communication, which utilizes our editorial approach to communicating scientific research
- Frameworks for pitching stories to professional editors
- Social media engagement and promotion strategies to identify and reach interested audiences, and to create impact
- Real-world engagement strategies
Licensing & Syndication
Publications and other organizations interested in exclusive content licenses or syndication partnerships should contact us.
Massive’s community creates authoritative STEM media with an authentic voice. That's why national media outlets like Quartz, The Atlantic, Medium and Pacific Standard syndicate our work. Our Science Reports offer in-depth takes on cutting edge science and can be licensed for distribution beyond our paying members. If you work with a community that wants to go deeper, you can license our reports to share, or you can sponsor the creation of a report.
Strong parters help us increase the impact of our stories and our scientists.
Co-Productions & Sponsorships
Do you need scientific or storytelling expertise to create science media for your organization, research group or company? If you want to work with us and our scientific community to make amazing things, please contact us!
Massive works with companies and organization to create editorially independent and white-labeled content and communities. Here's a few of our co-productions:
- Reanimation! A 7-part animated series created in partnership with Arizona State University Center for Science and the Imagination, MIT Press and the Sloan Foundation
- The Condensed Matters series, created in partnership with Science Studios at Pioneer Works
- A Massive-TEDMED Research Scholar program and community partnership with TEDMED