Where is the boundary between life and death?
Take a closer look at the differences between life and death – and humans and nature
Produced in partnership with ASU Center for Science and the Imagination
Reanimation! is a seven-part series created by seven animation teams and 12 scientists, writers, engineers, physicists, and an archaeologist, on the lasting impact of Shelley’s famous work.
Each episode waxes poetic about different scientific, ethical, and philosophical domains and the lessons we’ve collectively learned from Dr. Frankenstein’s mistakes and triumphs.
In this first episode, A Bolt of Lightning, Britt Wray, science communicator, co-host of BBC’s Tomorrow’s World, writer, and producer joins ecologist and biologist Ben Novak to discuss the permeable boundary between life and death – and humans and nature. Animated by the talented Daniela Sherer with sound by Skillbard.
- Narrated by Britt Wray and Ben Novak
- Directed and Animated by Daniela Sherer
- Sound and Music by Skillbard
- Producer Harriet Bailey
- Senior Producer Nadja Oertelt
- Executive Producers Ed Finn and Bob Beard
- A Co-Production of Massive Science and Plympton
- Produced for the Frankenstein Bicentennial Project at Arizona State University
- In partnership with the MIT Press and the MIT Media Lab
- Supported by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation