Massive sometimes hosts "takeovers" of our Instagram account, where people post as us for a few days. If you're interested in doing a takeover, please let us know!
Here's an example from Farah's takeover:
- Try logging in before your takeover officially starts because we might need to send you an access code, especially if you are outside the US
- You can talk about your research, but also feel free to share what you do outside of work! The goal of an Instagram takeover is to get a new voice involved in the Massive account and give people a view into your life, so please be yourself.
- Start with an introduction post. Who you are, your affiliations, what you’re interested in, what you do with Massive, how you got involved. That can be the main text for your first post, but you don’t have to include this in every post.
- Sign each post with your name and/or handle (like — Dan @handle) so that we know who posted it and the audience isn’t confused. This is especially important if you're expressing controversial opinions, which is ok to do, but we need them to be attributed to you
- Add at least 3 hashtags to your posts, either at the end of your caption or in the comments
- Feel free to share that you’re doing a takeover on your personal account to bring people to the Massive account
- You can use the story feature! if you choose to add videos with speaking, please make sure they have captions. You can use an automatic caption tool or type out what you said.
- A few small style notes: It's Massive or Massive Science (but not MassiveSci or Massive Sci, please); no profanity; credit and tag photographers if you didn’t take the photo.
Another example from Tim's takeover: